We are hiring a Junior Motion Designer!
As the Junior Motion Designer, you will be responsible for working alongside the animation and video production teams, aiding with the creation of all creative. You will collaborate with the Director of Animation and Senior Motion Designer to ensure client expectations are met and project is delivered on time. The Junior Motion Designer reports to the Senior Motion Designer in our Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
1. Technical Management: Ensuring all animation projects are backed up and organized.
– Maintaining hard drives
– Organizing and Regularly Cataloging drives
– Backing up drives to server, as needed
2. Pre-Production: Creating beautiful things for beautiful clients.
– Supporting the creation of designs and animations
– Working with the Senior Motion Designer to select key styles to present and making them client-ready
– Creating storyboards, styleframes, and animatics
– General office management support
– Prop shopping and production team creative support
3. Production: The ideal animation project exceeds visual expectations for the client, tells their brand story as they set out and is highly profitable for the company.
– Working side by side with the Senior Motion Designer on executing the vision
– Animating for the project in the style that is best suited for the project
– Working with voice over talent to get their best performance
– Rigging characters, prepping assets and creating artwork as needed to complete the project
– Creating motion graphics templates for basic elements
4. Post – Production: After the animation work is complete, the polish makes it perfect.
– Adding a basic score and sound design to video, seeking help from team to do a final mix
– Communicating with Senior Motion Designer on timing and revisions.
– Getting approval on drafts from Senior Motion Designer before sharing with team and client
– Creating multiple file types and sizes, as per the client request for the platforms they need
– Prepping files for completion
– Making sure music licenses and voice over payments are released
5. Office Support: In addition to working on client projects, the Junior Motion Designer will also work on Mighteor-related projects on an as needed basis to help support the company.
The Junior Motion Designer will also be expected to take advantage of any learning opportunities to further their skills, such as online learning and networking events.
This position offers a salary of $34,000 – $36,000 per year. Includes PTO, health care, dental and life insurance. Employer-matching 401k.
Please send your resume, reel and your favorite animated video to email@example.com